With a Bike
The departement of Dordogne and the Local Federation for Cycle Touring have selected several cycle touring itineraries that use quiet roads. Beware : the itineraries are not marked out but you can download them or their gpx files on Rando Dordogne or Vélo en France.
- Falaises et grottes de la vallée Vézère (Cilffs and caves of the Vézère Valley)
- Villages médiévaux de la Vézère (Medieval villages of the Vézère Valley)
- Lascaux et la vallée de la Vézère (Lascaux and the Vézère valley)
With a Mountain bike
- Besides 675 km of pedestrian and equestrian marked out paths, some special mountain bike loops are at your disposal, classified by levels of difficulties: 4 black loops, 11 red loops, 5 blue loops, 4 green loops.
The main places to start the circuits are : Montignac, Saint Léon sur Vézère, Le Bugue, Les Eyzies, Rouffignac St Cernin, Salignac-Eyvigues, Carlux and Rouffiac de Carlux. The mountain bikers will find in each of these places a car park and a board presenting the general cartography of routes.
Download the Guide of mountain bike routes (also available free of charge in the TIC of the Vézère Valley)
- The forest of Campagne contains a free bike park designed to train the drivability of your mountain bike. Four trails of different levels with bends, jumps and bumps are open all year long.