With a Bike
The departement of Dordogne and the Local Federation for Cycle Touring have selected several cycle touring itineraries that use quiet roads. Beware : the itineraries are not marked out but you can download them or their gpx files on Rando Dordogne or Vélo en France. In the Vézère Valley, there are 3 itineraries :
- Falaises et grottes de la vallée Vézère (Cliffs and caves of the Vézère Valley)
- Villages médiévaux de la Vézère (Medieval villages of the Vézère Valley)
- Lascaux et la vallée de la Vézère (Lascaux and the Vézère valley)
It is possible to rent a classic bike at Mini Golf Saint Pierre Loisirs in Montignac, Canoës 24 Loisirs Evasion in Les Eyzies, campsite Le Paradis in Saint Léon sur Vézère or Liberty Cycle in Sarlat, or to rent an electric bike in Montignac, Rouffignac, Les Eyzies and Le Bugue.
With a Mountain bike
- Besides 675 km of pedestrian and equestrian marked out paths, some special mountain bike loops are at your disposal, classified by levels of difficulties: 4 black loops, 11 red loops, 5 blue loops, 4 green loops.
The main places to start the circuits are : Montignac, Saint Léon sur Vézère, Le Bugue, Les Eyzies, Rouffignac St Cernin, Salignac-Eyvigues, Carlux and Rouffiac de Carlux. The mountain bikers will find in each of these places a car park and a board presenting the general cartography of routes.
Download the Guide of mountain bike routes (also available free of charge in the TIC of the Vézère Valley)
- The forest of Campagne contains a free bike park designed to train the drivability of your mountain bike. Four trails of different levels with bends, jumps and bumps are open all year long.
It is possible to rent a mountain bike in Canoës 24 Loisirs Evasion in Les Eyzies, campsite Le Paradis in Saint Léon sur Vézère, base VTT Vézère Périgord Noir à Saint Amand de Coly or Liberty Cycle in Sarlat.