Take the time to discover
Twenty kilometres from Sarlat and a stone's throw from Lascaux-International Centre of Cave ArtColy-Saint-Amand sits comfortably between two wooded valleys.
Its 12th-century abbey church, considered to be the most beautiful fortified church in PérigordIt watches over the houses in the village, which, like the house itself, are built from the typical Sarlat stone and slate of the region, in a harmonious contrast of ochre and grey tones.
The paths of Coly-Saint-Amand, an unusual walk for all the family
Designed for young and old alike, a fun and educational itinerary is available to help you get to grips with the richness of this heritage. It is complemented by a forest trail that will take you from the old cultivation terraces to meet the legendary characters of Périgord.
You can also set off from the village to go hiking
- Loop on the Causse de Coly
- The Font de Bouch loop
- Murailles loop
- Loop of woods and meadows
- Sun and shade loop
- Valley and hills loop
- Loop around Château de la Filolie
- Lauze and old stones loop
- Tunnel loop, wood and water
- Loop between woods and Lauzes
- Rapiettes loop
- In the footsteps of the men of Lascaux: an itinerary along the Vézère Valley.
The Association of Friends of Saint-Amand-de-Coly organises by appointment during the summer (July-August)
- guided tours of the abbey
- guided walks in Coly (1.5km route)
- tours of the village and its heritage
For further information, please contact the Heritage Office in Coly-Saint-Amand:
Tel: 05 53 51 98 92
Free visits to the abbey all year round.
The little extras in the village of Coly-Saint-Amand
- The Saint-Amand festival gets interesting in July
- Craftsmen such as coppersmiths and brewers
- The Heritage treasure hunt is available from the Heritage reception desk in summer. 1 for children aged 7 and over.
- Heraldry, clay sculpture and stained glass workshops organised by the Town Hall during the summer. Reservations required on 05.53.51.98.92