Church of Saint-Germain de Paris
The church of Saint-Germain de Paris, in Rouffignac, is the jewel of the village on two counts: firstly, because of the beauty of the building, listed as a historic monument in 19002, and secondly, because it is the only survivor, along with two adjoining houses, of the fire of 1944, and because it bears witness to its ancestral heritage. It is one of the architectural treasures of the Vallée de l'Homme region.
The Renaissance building, built in 1530 on the site of a former Romanesque chapel, is characterised by its combination of Romanesque and Gothic styles, as illustrated by the façade and its remarkable portal. The Renaissance nave features interior elevations of great uniformity in their architectural treatment, and its distinctive feature is its pillars with engaged columns adorned with sculpted groove mouldings.